Hey everyone, I hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, [vegan] butternut squash risotto. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
[Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto has become the favorite food menus that will be sought by many people throughout the internet. For anyone who is the one who wants the recipe information, then this can be a right website page. We convey the steps to how in order to cook together with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You could cook [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto
- It's 1 cup of arborio or other medium-grained rice (you need a starchy rice for risotto, unlike the long-grained basmati).
- It's 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of butternut squash, peeled and cut into a 1/2-inch dice.
- Make ready 4-5 cups of hot vegetable stock (you could use water, but a stock is far more preferable for better flavour).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Get 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon dried sage.
- Get to taste of Salt and ground black pepper.
[Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto detailed
- Cashew Cheese made by blending together 1/4 cup cashews, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, 1/4 cup of water, and salt to taste (optional).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the butternut squash, a pinch of salt, and some ground black pepper..
- Saute over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes or until the squash starts to soften and caramelize..
- Turn down the heat to medium. Add the rice and stir it with the squash until it begins to turn opaque, about 1 minute. Season again with salt and pepper..
- Add the white wine and cook, stirring, until the wine's almost evaporated..
- Add 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and stir it in. Once the stock has almost evaporated, add another 1/2 cup. Repeat until the rice is cooked. It took me about 35 minutes. Don't forget to season again with salt and pepper at the end. You might need more or less stock, and you basically want the rice to be tender yet slightly toothy, or al dente. In other words, you don't want mushy ride. You also don't want the rice to be dry and lumpy. It should be smooth and creamy..
- Now add the cashew cheese, if you're using it, and stir it in. Immediately add the sage and mix. Turn off the heat..
So that's going to wrap it up with this exceptional food [vegan] butternut squash risotto recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!